Wall layer materials should not be visible at window openings

LynetteArnold

Hello everyone,

I have a problem I've not been able to solve and would love some guidance - it's probably a simple thing. As an interior designer I often draw for fitout purposes, not construction, especially when my built elements are remaining untouched (such as windows). I therefore don't bother with the hidden elements of a built structure such as rough openings for windows, and simplify the drawing by making those 0mm. The issue you see below is that the wall covering is not fully wrapping the edge of the wall where the window is created. I often need to show a window that has a shallow frame (only the depth of the window component) AND is recessed into the depth of the wall AND has the interior wall covering (in this case a tile) returning to the frame of the window on all 4 surfaces of the window reveal. How can I do this? The ugly brick edge is of course covered when I fit the frame to the wall but I have many jobs without casings where the finish returns to the recessed window frame so I really need to work this one out. Many thanks for your help and I hope I'm using all the right terminology - in Australia we use a lot of different architectural terminology.

wall cover.JPG

Your image is really small, and it's often helpful to switch to Vector View for images you want to post.

Have you considered changing the wall definition? Replace the red brick with your tile?

Maybe add a layer of tile to the wall definition instead of using a Wall Covering?