Railing Not Visible

LynetteArnold

Hi all,

I'd be so grateful if anyone is able to help me to understand why a "railing" is not displaying? I've created a corner shower by using two "Glass Shower" walls and then I made them into railings so I can set the height I want. The wall that opens to the vanity is a 3 panel slider which I created using the newels. It all displays perfectly in 3D camera/perspectives so I know they are there but they don't show up in my orthographic wall elevations. Any ideas why?  They are not marked invisible. I can't work it out.

(Note: the header across the top is an extra "partition" I created for the sliding door header, not a handrail).

Thanks so much in advance.

Lynette

Home Designer Pro 2016

shower snip.JPG

shower snip 3d.JPG

shower snip ortho.JPG

Hallo Mate! With Glass shower walls I do not recommend setting them as "Railing Walls" (I only use that when I need a lower solid wall with glass on top by way of using the "Pony Wall" setting-not railing walls). With regular glass walls their height can be manually set using an elevation camera and just editing, directly the wall polyline of each glass wall to your desired height.

DJP

Hi David,

That is a MUCH easier way to create a shower wall - thank you. I used that technique to change the fixed wall first, and yes, it now appears in the elevation, however it is opaque and I need to be able to see through it to show that there is tiling and a wall niche behind it. Is there a way to make it appear transparent in the orthos? I'm using the same tempered glass material that I used for the railing so the properties should be exactly the same. 

I haven't changed the sliding door side of the shower yet because I need that wall to have a triple panel frameless slider and when I used a shower door style each of the panels is framed. Perhaps I have to leave that one as a railing (which is how I split the panels to look frameless). I am still on an old version of Home Designer so perhaps the updated version has more options that aren't available to me.

I really appreciate your help, David. As a home based part time designer who has learned to use this software "later in life" I spend a lot of time searching and figuring out how to do things so it's a big help to have some extra support.

Many thanks.

shower snip opaque.JPG

FOR vector view elevations I use the ""Delete Surface" tool before I send the view to layout to remove the glass, just leaving an outline of the glass. I often add 2D "reflection Marks" from the 2D CAD library to make it more evident that glass is there but is transparent.

DJP