Placing First Floor Plan on the Site Plan

rdglnd

Just started using Home Designer Pro 2021 a few months back and was trying to get advise on how to get my floor plan on the site layout.  Should all of my site information, (property lines, setback lines, tree survey, etc.), be located on a layer on the first floor plan?  Or should it be a separate drawing file?  I've tried to copy my first floor plan over to a site layout, but the structure does not copy correctly.  Also, if I have to go back and make a revision to the first floor plan, then I have to delete that portion of the site layout and recopy the revised first floor plan.  Or I have to make the identical revisions on both the first floor and site plans.  The site is unique which requires tweaking the design and placement of the first floor to get to fit optimally.  Thanks in advance.

Do everything in one file.

Site plans are often called a plot plan, and searching here and via the links above should turn up more info.

Suggest you create a practice plan where you learn and work through any issues first before spending lots of time on the real thing.