Terrain and Elevation problems

ChrisO

So I discovered an interesting and annoying issue.  Land must have a complete room built on it before it will lock to right elevation.   The only difference between these two plans is the small building. Without the building, the stairs will float at the height of another structure even though the land elevation is much lower. But put another building on that elevation, and the stair height will correct itself. 

image.thumb.png.6637711a67d31ac2be8c50a3d31a8d58.png      image.thumb.png.c8803ede288737c9964ff1c565acc465.png   

That you so much for directing me to that instruction. I must have spent an hour or more yesterday trying to find something like that, but found nothing. The help system seems utterly impossible to search for what you want.

So today I tried for an hour, and followed the instructions to the letter several times.  But each time I get weird results. The wall heights change, I can't work out how to fill in the retaining wall. etc etc.  

And then suddenly the system told me it was going to generate a few thousand contour lines, and it did this.

image.thumb.png.7e2b77f243f893c2c2f7b4815ca012cd.png

image.png

image.png