deck off of auto dormer

RareBear

You also need to create a "hole in the roof poly-line" so that the railings and deck will not be covered by the roof plane, either that, or manually shape the edges of the roof plane around the intended deck (roof planes, by default will truncate any walls over which they run, so you cut a hole in the roof plane by shaping it around the deck or you surround the deck with a programmed poly-line to cut the hole in the roof plane, either method will work). Do one of those actions and you are then done.

DJP

Got the "hole" configured OK. But no matter what I try, I can't get the "deck floor" to show up. Also have several other little issues that are just irritating.
- If you edit the polyline to eliminate the piece of roofing showing across the 2nd flr sliding door, it erases the the exterior wall finish from that point up.
- The porch below "hole" had a ceiling. Now I can't show one, It only allows for cantilevered.

Any suggestions ??

post-1457-0-72788200-1423287672_thumb.jpg

Here is my You Tube take on solving your plan:

http://youtu.be/eEqFWFXnwKk

DJP

PS: When you explode a dormer object it returns it to its "natural" state of three walls, two roof planes, a window and a "hole in the roof" poly-line, in its default state, it acts as a single object, exploded it becomes its individually editable parts