Dimensions tools not working

ChrisO

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I'm trying to draw dimensions but just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

The only dimension line that I can get to work is the end-to-end provided I draw it along the length of an object. Nothing else works.

I've checked Preferences and I've enabled dimensions display.  I'm watching videos and copying exactly what they show.  Nothing...

Home Designer Architectural 2021, On Mac OS

6 hours ago, ChrisO said:

I'm trying to draw dimensions but just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

If you help us a bit, someone may be able to help you.

Tell us what you are trying to dimension.

Attach a simple plan for someone to work with.

• Solution

This software performs best when your structure is at right angles to the screen or at 7 degree increments. To create a structure at odd angles just makes the work ten times harder as the tools and objects you are using are not being used as they were programmed to be used. if a structure needs to be rotated relative to magnetic North you  have a "North Pointer" tool for that purpose, you rotate the North Pointer and never the structure. When you use any software in ways it was not designed to function you just make it harder on YOU.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for trying that out. I thought I was going crazy, but now I see that the app is not designed to put dimensions on irregular shapes.  

Unfortunately, in my environment in rural Vietnam, there are no straight lines, no right angles, no dimensions without decimal places, nothing horizontal, nothing vertical. It's an irregular place.  If I ever find any such items, I know they were created by accident and not by design.