General Roof Question

AQSCI10

Hello, I've somewhat finalized a floor plan and auto-generated a roof which looks fine to me. My question is, does the auto generated roof have enough detail for a structural engineer to sign off on or do I have to manually create every rafter, truss, etc. to complete this plan.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue.

Thanks.

Capllture.thumb.JPG.265f43121e44376f4f8ae784cb39bd2b.JPG

If you look at it closer, you'll see a gap in framing over your bay window. What you will need for an engineer to review it is the roof framing materials (rafter materials, ridge material, collar ties, etc.) called out on a roof framing plan.A 3D picture of "sticks" will honestly do nothing for them. They need to know the spans, etc., which this doesn't show. If you are going to be using roof trusses, the truss manufacturer will have their engineers calculate and design the truss layout and specs so it WILL support the roof. Plus they can often supply the stamped engineering that the building inspectors will want to show the structure is sound.

When I work with Engineers I just share my floor plans and elevations in  AutoCAD .dwg format and then let them adjudicate what they are licensed to do from that. A competent framer or Builder does not need advice on how to frame a building as well (if they need detailed plans I would not trust them to build anything).

DJP