How to create a Saltbox kiosk?

ChrisO

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I need to create a structure that has a saltbox roof:

The rear plane is long and has a pitch of (say) 25 degrees. It is about 75% of the total roof. The front plane is 1/3rd of the length of the rear plane and so is about 25% of the total roof, but has a pitch of (say) 30 degrees.

There is a room under the rear roof plane. The rear and side walls align with the rear roof plane (minus the overhangs). The front wall is below the ridge line, but it could also be below the front plane.

There is nothing under the front roof plane except a floor which aligns with the roof plane and the front wall of the rear room.

How?  I have tried everything I could possibly think of.   I'm going insane.

Home Designer Architectural 2021, build 22.03....

Saltbox Kiosk.jpg

Most of the answers say the same thing. "Follow the instructions". But I have tried that many times. Everything I try produces undesirable results.  

To be clear, I've spent about a day working on just this small problem.  Previously I have tried and spent far longer. Last time I gave up.

19 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

But I have tried that many times

It's helpful to see what you are doing -- what your plan looks like and a 3D view or 2 showing your results.

Here is what I've come up with using the Architectural 2021 trial.

h1.thumb.png.d7b4722630792e7e76b6101316083944.png

Yes, that's a good representation of the concept.  How is it done?

There are a few details missing that are probably not worth the effort (e.g. supports for the forward roof plane) but this is not an engineering drawing, it's only intended as a visualisation. So it would be OK.

THANK YOU!!!!

Such a simple solution.  I tried following the support material, but it's totally wrong.

Nearly there now.  Just need to work out how to change the tile sizes, how to flip the shutter, and how to combine the door with the window.

image.thumb.png.6897b25b7047795cb0a5ebb0dc1dc5d0.png