Rain Gutters on Zero Eaves (1/4")

Chief_MMM

Go to solution Solved by solver,

The software appears to randomly put eaves on joint of 1/4" Eaves and Hip Roof.

Question:

How can I access the Object (Gutter)?  Selecting the Object will pick the wall but there is no option in Wall Dialogue for Setting or Changing Rain Gutters.

I am using Windows 10 with HomeDesigner Suite 2021.

Thanks,

Feel free to text (626) 262-4800 or email Michael@Newport-Construction.com

image.thumb.png.178a7378aa42c2f77ff47f4626318d44.pngimage.thumb.png.870d6663f3273ac7ae75b172339770b5.png  

• Solution
2 hours ago, Chief_MMM said:

The software appears to randomly put eaves on joint of 1/4" Eaves and Hip Roof.

You probably need more overhang.

2 hours ago, Chief_MMM said:

Question:

How can I access the Object (Gutter)?  Selecting the Object will pick the wall but there is no option in Wall Dialogue for Setting or Changing Rain Gutters.

With Suite, you cannot change or remove gutters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, solver said:

*** I see you said Suite 2021 ***

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.

Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Hi Sover.

I checked out the Signature setup and here is what it was set at.

image.thumb.png.ab1af596efdf7312ea162708bb038248.png

8 hours ago, solver said:

You probably need more overhang.   (Extra Overhand did not help)

David,  Thank you for your response.  There is actually a no eaves roof and great majority of Spanish and Mediterranean architecture is that way.  But my version is the low end version and while it lets you have as little as 1/4" overhang, it arbitrarily puts some default (No way to change to for instance copper gutter in my case) in some edge and not on all.

Cheers and have a nice evening.

2 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Roofs must have some overhang (see the definition of the term " Overhang"), no overhang equals no fascia

DJP

David,  Thank you for your response.  There is actually a no eaves roof and great majority of Spanish and Mediterranean architecture is that way.  But my version is the low end version and while it lets you have as little as 1/4" overhang, it arbitrarily puts some default (No way to change to for instance copper gutter in my case) in some edge and not on all.

Cheers and have a nice evening :) :) 

8 hours ago, solver said:

You probably need more overhang.

Yes, you are absolutely, I get what I paid for.  No Complaint.

Cheers and have a nice evening.  :) :)  

No matter your opinions about overhang, THIS software requires at least some so that fascia will then appear and the wall below the roof eave will be properly cut off. Any software is pre-programmed with certain limitations and this is one of them. You can always annotate plans to state that no overhang is to be created but I am saying that this software has that limitation and one must deal with it as it is and not how it might be or should be, it is what it is and does what it does and that is it.

DJP

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Would the structure section of the roof plane specification offer a solution. The eave and gable fascia are set as default to 3/4 but maybe they could be set to less? then maybe you could hang over an invisible amount but still have a paper thin layer of fascia colored the same as the wall and a pair no overhang?