How to slope a wall?

sjorge79

Hello beautiful community!  I have a question.  I'm doing an as build.  On the second floor where a 6:12 roof pitch meets a 48:12 is where I have a wall issue.  I got the roof/ceiling part but how do we generate a sloped wall?  Please see generated drawing.  I'd like to draw it as is on picture.  Any suggestions appreciated! :)  TIA!!

image.thumb.png.859940d307eeb29bb6703d34c1e248d5.png

image.thumb.png.2dcf7ad53958c6073411160724094dbb.png

image.thumb.png.89e1e7f6e2dbb05c00a664f75d2594fe.png

image.thumb.png.d914f92279edb4f07b3b217ba5fb5a2e.png

Follow the directions in this knowledge base article, and you will get the sloped wall.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00904/creating-a-bonus-room-above-a-garage.html

What you are showing in your posted image is not a sloped wall, rather it is the underside of a roof plane or planes. If the slope is wrong, then the roof pitch is also wrong or its baseline is too low or high. That is what is creating the coffered ceiling, not a wall.

DJP

• Like 1

Yes, this is correct.  As a mater of fact, it is the roof creating the slope in the software but it's not creating filling up the wall yet showing a void where it should be walled.  This is where I need help with.  

Jo_Ann, thank you.

Can you help me create the two slopes per the photo?  If you see closer there's a 6:12 and a 48:12 before it flattens out at 8' ceiling.  Perhaps a video would greatly help all of us in the community.  Thank you all!!!