Metal and Glass Door for Wine Closet

kellon17

Hello all, first post. I've been using Home Designer Pro 2021(build  22.3.0.55x64) to model the home we are building and it has been a fun and challenging process. I've learned a lot by using the forum and help articles on the website, but have been unable to find help with this particular project: 

I'm trying to design a small temperature controlled wine closet and would like to do a metal and double-paned glass door with muntins and small sidelites. I've attached a picture of the look I'm going for as an example (excluding the arched top). I've also attached a screenshot of the floorplan showing where it would be going (red circle). Space is ~2' x ~4'. Looking to do maybe a 30" wide door to the ceiling, which is 9' tall.  

I'm having a hard time finding out how to create a door like this and the sidelites. The shower door option is just a solid pane of glass and the glass wall option does not have a way to add the framing.

Does anyone have experience creating this type of door that could help me out? Thank you in advance!

Metal and Glass Door - Wine Cellar.jpg

Location of Wine Closet.JPG

To take it to the next step from what Eric showed:
 For the side lites, copy/paste the finished door.  Adjust the width, and lites, and remove the hardware.  Copy/paste this sidelight to the other side of the real door.

Grab one of the sidelites, and ctrl drag it into the real door, until it looks correct.  Do the same with the other sidelite.
In the 2d view, you should grab each sidelite door triangle, and move it to close the "door", so it looks correct in the view.

image.thumb.png.4aa8282f8cd9cfda4652dc5ee573e0cf.png

These suggestions are terrific, not only for this specific task but as a reminder to be creative within the menus.  These "metal" frame doors would have been exactly what I needed for one plan I was developing.  If I return to it or similar, I'll look forward to using these tips.

Granville