Rendering Issue in Home Designer Pro 2021

jarrex

Hello,

I just purchased Home Designer Pro 2021 and once I started using the non-free trial version I am getting these weird rendering issues. I opened a support ticket but haven't heard any response and am hoping somebody here might know what's going on. I tried searching but I cannot find any thread about this. Every time I go into 3d views, every single rendering type except for glass house has this issue:

image.thumb.png.1ba355ff3f31f4d01ef15236505cfeef.png

The plywood and "Chief Wrap" are randomly displayed on exterior walls (interior walls seem to not be impacted). Additionally, when I move the camera, the areas with the display issue change randomly.

image.thumb.png.e364c57b60017a870bf90dcdb7d16d7b.png

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here or how to fix this? My computer more than exceeds the minimum rendering requirements and when I was using Chief Architect free trial it did not have this issue.

That is called "Z-Fighting" caused by a poor or insufficient video card or its drivers being out of date. Such a condition is exacerbated by creating ones structure too far away from the "0 x - 0Y" location in your plan view. When I start a new plan I always create a "Current Point" at 0-0 where I start a corner of my structure. This lessons the "z Fighting" unwanted phenomena.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this -- it ended up being the X Y Z coordinate issue that causes Z Fighting. Out of curiosity, because I couldn't see any of the Z Fighting posts talking about how to reset the X Y Z coordinates -- I ended up using Edit -> Edit Area -> Entire Area (All Floors) in order to drag it to the 0 mark. But this still messed with a few interior walls. Is there an easier way to fix this?

23 minutes ago, jarrex said:

Thanks for this -- it ended up being the X Y Z coordinate issue that causes Z Fighting. Out of curiosity, because I couldn't see any of the Z Fighting posts talking about how to reset the X Y Z coordinates -- I ended up using Edit -> Edit Area -> Entire Area (All Floors) in order to drag it to the 0 mark. But this still messed with a few interior walls. Is there an easier way to fix this?

Use "Edit - Edit Area All Floors" command AFTER you first establish a current point at zero Y - Zero X, then once All Floors are selected you use the "Point to Point" move tool to finish the matter. Done properly with the correct command and set up it should be easy to do and in the future, establish your Zero X - Zero Y point to start your new project in plan view.

DJP

• Upvote 1