dormer bay window

tmactom

Hey,

I'm trying to create a dormer with a bay window on the 2nd floor for viewing out of 3 sides. My second floor exterior walls are only 3 feet to create an attic style second floor (to 8 feet high). Any ideas how to create this in home designer pro 2021? I have attached my butchered attempts. I have tried both methods of creating a dormer with a bay window and also creating walls that shape in a bay window and building up.

Also any recommendations for roof styles would be nice.

Thanks so much in advance

Tom

bay window question.PNG

bay window question 1.PNG

I would do this manually on the first floor, create a blank second floor and manually draw in the stacked bay window. The bay window tool is pre-programmed to be only on a single floor. I suppose you might try using the bay window tool on the first floor but it WILL NOT work in the "Attic", you must create a second floor. "Automatic" (preset) roofs cannot easily be used to create this as it is beyond the programming of this tool.

DJP

circled in red. 3' exterior walls. Hoping to create the dormer/turret style 6-8' tall as a little "viewing nook/day bed" on the second floor. I realize the ICF wall is not correct into the house. Just playing around.

2nd floor.PNG

1st floor.PNG

12 minutes ago, solver said:

Attach the plan file -- probably something simple.

The plan file, not a picture of the plan :)

24 minutes ago, solver said:

With auto roofs, create a room on the 2nd floor.

I see no room. You need a turret room to control the roof. Try that before attaching the plan.