Disappearing 2nd floor in all rooms

Arkytek

This is my first post.  I've been working with Home Designer Pro 2021 for a couple months and created several designs for our home.  I've had lots of problems and mostly worked through them in my own, helped a lot by forum posts and on-line tutorials (thank you!).  As I started creating another design concept for our proposed house, I have run into a new-to-me problem that has me stumped.  I tried using help and searching this forum but no luck there.  In this 2-story house design, the floor (structure and all) will not display, leaving the intersecting walls and doors hanging in the space.  All three rooms are defined and have floor and ceiling checked but neither displays in the pictorial 3D views.  See image below. The floor and ceiling structures DO display in the 3D framing view.  See 2nd image below.  I'll keep looking for answers but will also be glad of any suggestions!

I hope I can get this problem resolved before moving on to more detail in the design, such as windows, kitchen, and bathrooms, not to mention refined trim details and such.  If not, I might have to start over...

Thanks in advance,

Granville

Missing 2nd floor and ceiling.jpg

Missing 2nd floor--Framing view.jpg

Looks like you have lost Room Definition on the 2nd floor.

Check all your walls -- clear the No Room Definition checkbox.

Select the Wall tool, hold shift and marquee around the entire 2nd floor to select all the walls. Open and check the setting.

Thanks Eric.  I added that info to my signature. I have watched a lot of the training videos, including on YouTube, some of them multiple times, to make sure I understand.  I did search the programs helps extensively and tried several different searches on this forum.

The rooms are defined.  They go grey when I click on each of them and their room names are displayed.

Granville

Missing 2nd floor--Plan view.jpg

Thanks so much Eric!  I really thought I'd set up those defaults before I started but a lot went badly wrong along the way.  I'm stumbling along and trying to learn.  Your two videos, showing the corrections--and how my mistakes might better have been avoided--are tremendously helpful!  I will have to rewatch them a few times to drill this all into my superannuated noggin but promise to learn and move onward and upward, thanks to you!  I promise that I was planning to raise the celings upstairs (to nine feet) but although I had done it on a previous plan had forgotten how, without raising the side walls.  Again, thanks for showing me the way.

Granville

• 2 years later...

@solver What was the solution?  I deleted my 2nd floor and the application rebuilt the roof automatically but I still have the same issue, as above, happening.  I basically get a dialog stating that some of my data has gone negative.  The 2nd floor is added below ground.