Exposed Rafters and Studs

twnctyguy

Is it possible in Home Designer Pro to create walls and ceilings where the rafters and studs are exposed?  (See attached photo.)   I know how to simulate it with the soffit tool but was wondering if there is a particular protocol in "setings" that I'm just not understanding.  I have spent the better part of the afternoon combing through Home Talk and videos, still haven't seen anything that addresses this specific question.  Thanks.

Exposed Rafters.jpg

Well, I'm assumed that if I removed the drywall on the ceiling and walls that that would do the trick.  Instead I get a layer of OSB on the ceiling and a flat surface of fir on the walls.  So, color me dumb...I'm stumped!

Rafters.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twnctyguy said:

and a flat surface of fir on the walls

Have you built wall and roof framing, and set them to display?

11 minutes ago, twnctyguy said:

I get a layer of OSB on the ceiling

That's the default -- you will need to change it to whatever you want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

To which version of the product does this apply?  Chief Architect?  Home Designer Pro or Architectural? I've tried numerous settings and continue to get the OSB when I remove the interior layer of drywall.  "You will need to change it to whatever you want" - where do you do this?  When I look at materials I've tried "Opening (no material)" and I still see OSB.  It is mentioned to build "wall and roof framing", I'm not seeing that as an option.  I have an option to build the roof and have done that with no success at seeing the studs.