new build stem wall room height issue

aandjmom88

Please help. when i build a new structure I always get this tall concrete slab underneath.  I try to change the stem wall so my house can be to the ground  as i draw exterior walls but it reverts back to 37 inches height ( yes i deselect default).  The doors then just floats in the air.  Is there a real tutorial that explains this part? the ones that exist skips over this part.  Im a true noob.  thanks in advance.

large concret  slab under.jpg

It's not clear what the problem is.

Maybe start with building a correct foundation.

Then build a Terrain.

Then use a Perspective Overview camera instead of a Full Camera when looking at the exterior.

Plenty of resources in the links posted above. The hour long Getting Started webinars on YouTube are a good place to start. Just be aware they show using Pro, so depending on your product, you may not have all the features shown.

Thanks for the response however, I did state that  of ALL the videos i searched,  they either skip over the structure type or/ and when they draw their building, it  goes straight to the ground. The videos show them drawing  external walls with a perfect structure.  the "how to" portion is missing.   Here is another image where i added a doorway.  It does NOT move down.  and my structure is at the 109" default.  I know when i change it to the 12 feet ceiling i want, it will make this worse.  I am using  Architectural home design  2016

floating door  home not on the ground.jpg

youtube video.png

Thanks for the tutorial. Now thats how it's done! As a regular no person who is just a homeowner, I purchased the software as a noob with no construction experience hoping it could help with remodeling. You've taken me to the point where I can figure out the rest. Thanks a bunch.