Zero out X/Y Axis

rodneyh

Go to solution Solved by rodneyh,

Since such minuteness of starting location is unimportant, I am not sure what you are trying to "solve" by having the answer to your question. Few Home Designer users are aware of the existence of much less the significance of "x, y and z" relative to CAD software. "Relative X, Y and Z" coordinates are displayed in the "Taskbar" of Suite (lower right) but precise placement of a point at 0-0-0 can only be easily done using Home Designer Pro or Chief Premier using the provided "input point" tool.

You would be better served just to draw than to worry about some theoretical, virtual point from which to draw from IMHO.

DJP

• Solution

Since such minuteness of starting location is unimportant, I am not sure what you are trying to "solve" by having the answer to your question. Few Home Designer users are aware of the existence of much less the significance of "x, y and z" relative to CAD software. "Relative X, Y and Z" coordinates are displayed in the "Taskbar" of Suite (lower right) but precise placement of a point at 0-0-0 can only be easily done using Home Designer Pro or Chief Premier using the provided "input point" tool.

You would be better served just to draw than to worry about some theoretical, virtual point from which to draw from IMHO.

DJP

I am trying to replicate or place 50 some existing trees in my lot perimeter from a hand sketch with measurements. I was trying to watch the X/Y numbers to get an approximation of where they should be located.  I prefer to be more precise but I have been totally frustrated using a cad line as I can never get it to show measurements off the lot line my measurements were taken from.  I am open to any ideas and suggestions for accomplishing that .  I just switched over from Google Sketch where you just place two quick guidelines and your spot is pinpointed.  With HD I lose my marker as soon as I let go of the mouse button.  Suggestion for locating the trees is appreciated.

I just switched over from Google Sketch where you just place two quick guidelines and your spot is pinpointed. With HD I lose my marker as soon as I let go of the mouse button. Suggestion for locating the trees is appreciated.

you hit the nail on the head Rod , you must use 2 CAD lines the you can click on one and then open the temp . dimension and set the distance , use 4 CAD lines so you can measure left/right and up down easily

see if this helps............ in this case I used it to set my PL angle at 75' from the front

_HD Basic House_Terrain Plan.plan

PS forgot to mention  that 0,0 is approximately the bottom LH Corner of the new plan window . draw you 1st wall down there then use the Fill window button to center everything.

Rod,

Thank you for the expaination. you should use 2D CAD Lines and dimension lines for such layouts, since there is no good, exact way to use x-y coordinates. I always use dimensions to locate such objects measured from known points on my property or house structure. This is especially true in Suite where such things are harder to locate but dimensions always work.

DJP

you hit the nail on the head Rod , you must use 2 CAD lines the you can click on one and then open the temp . dimension and set the distance , use 4 CAD lines so you can measure left/right and up down easily

see if this helps............ in this case I used it to set my PL angle at 75' from the front

attachicon.gif_HD Basic House_Terrain Plan.plan

PS forgot to mention  that 0,0 is approximately the bottom LH Corner of the new plan window . draw you 1st wall down there then use the Fill window button to center everything.

Thanks for the tips.  I will try it out.

Rod,

Thank you for the expaination. you should use 2D CAD Lines and dimension lines for such layouts, since there is no good, exact way to use x-y coordinates. I always use dimensions to locate such objects measured from known points on my property or house structure. This is especially true in Suite where such things are harder to locate but dimensions always work.

DJP

Thanks.