Concrete reinforcing steel

alexdrafting

Hello,

I'm trying to draw concrete footings, concrete foundation walls and a concrete slab on grade. Each of these need to show reinforcing steel (rebar) on the plan I submit to the local Building Department for a building permit. How do you draw the layout of the rebar in Home Designer Pro? For example, the footings will be 30" wide by 10" high, with three 10M-sized rebar running the length of the footing spaced 12" apart, and 3" from either side of the footing and 3" up from the bottom of the footing.

Is Home Designer Pro or Chief Architect Premier capable of this type of structure detailing? 

Yes, I see the steel in the detail you showed above. Thanks for posting that. And the steel in that detail is one part of what I'm aiming for. I also want to include the the horizontal and vertical rebar in the floor and walls. Did you create the steel by simply using the CAD>CIRCLES menu item and manually placed circles to represent rebar?

It's all just CAD. There is no magic rebar tool. People looking at plans are accustomed to seeing details like this.

And try not to over detail. The more you show, the more there is for someone to find fault with or question.

I had figured it might be CAD work....but was hoping that Pro could somehow incorporate the FOUNDATION DEFAULTS>OPTIONS settings, wherein you can specify the number of bars per course, spacing, rebar size, etc. That's unfortunate. I appreciate your help nonetheless. Thanks for the tip to not over detail - very good point! :)