using 2 computers

Fredo649

Hello folks , a Question , I have HD Pro 2021 on my desktop and lap top . I prefer doing my plans on the desk top because it has a much larger screen but use the laptop to show the plans to clients. My Question: is there a way to link the program to both computers so any changes that are made on the laptop are reflected on the desktop and vise versa. I haven't been able to find a way if there is.

Thanks.

There are multiple ways. Depends on your setup.

Many people use a service like Dropbox where files are replicated to the cloud and accessible from any computer anywhere.

There are solutions that existed pre internet.

You don't say what type of system -- Mac or Windows you have, but there are solutions specific to both.

1 hour ago, solver said:

There are multiple ways. Depends on your setup.

Many people use a service like Dropbox where files are replicated to the cloud and accessible from any computer anywhere.

There are solutions that existed pre internet.

You don't say what type of system -- Mac or Windows you have, but there are solutions specific to both.

Works Great Thankyou.

Eric, you said, "Many people use a service like Dropbox where files are replicated to the cloud and accessible from any computer anywhere."

I've just transitioned to using a gaming tower computer for most of my work, but I still use my Surface Pro to work from home and with clients.  Just to be sure i understand this correctly, can the plan and layout files can be uploaded to a cloud server and used directly by both computers or should they first be copied to each computer's hard drive prior to use? Thanks in advance for your reply... you are much appreciated!

39 minutes ago, DanatCV said:

can the plan and layout files can be uploaded to a cloud server and used directly by both computers or should they first be copied to each computer's hard drive prior to use?

Suggest you experiment to find out. I don't use this type of service as I have no need.

I imagine there is info on the Dropbox site. Microsoft (and I think google) both offer similar services.

I know many Chief users use these services to do just what you want to do.

• Upvote 1