One side of cathedral ceiling disrupted abutting extension

Twowheels

Home Designer Architectural 2021- Build 22.3.0

Greetings- hesitated to post what is something I should have been able to figure out but see that others struggle with roofs as well. In attached file in "Kitchen/LIving room", there is a cathedral ceiling. The side over "Living" draws correctly but side over "Kitchen" is interrupted by roof framing from extension "laundry/Entry" extending into "Kitchen".

For reference trying to redraw architects drawing into HD so I can work on interior layouts.

Appreciate any help...probably goes without saying that I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out on my own.

Scott

Halcott house.plan

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 4.20.14 PM.png

The only way to fix that (with Architectural) is to cover it with a sloped soffit.

I recommend adding the soffit on the attic level, then lowering it to where it needs to be.

Putting it on the attic level prevents it from blocking your doll house view of that area.

Hi Solver,

Sorry about leaving out this image but thought the other two would be more helpful. I did try Jo_Ann's solution but not able to get that to work without it moving other walls/roof planes. If this image helps with any other suggestions, that would be great.

Thank you,

Scott

(BTW- I did select in Settings to show my signature but don't see it here)

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 5.36.41 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Twowheels said:

Sorry about leaving out this image

This image shows the problem clearly, better than words, and eliminates the need to download the plan.

10 minutes ago, Twowheels said:

without it moving other walls/roof planes.

A soffit should have no effect on these items and is the standard way of dealing with this problem.

Here is another way.

Hi Jo_Ann,

Thanks for follow up note. I have no doubt that the sloped soffit works, but I am not able to make it happen. This is my first HD project so everything is new. Would it be possible to let me know what you mean by "You also have a big problem with the new walls"? Appreciate you taking the time to help.

Scott

Hi Solver,

Very generous of you to spend time creating that YouTube. Went through it once to see how to do it (and will update my model later today) but you used several menu items that I am not familiar with and will now take the opportunity to explore those and learn.

Many thanks,

Scott