Is there a way to make double sided upper cabinets without putting two 6" deep wall cabinets back-to-back?, OR is there a way to remove the backs?

My problem is that I'm designing a kitchen remod with an adjacent butler pantry with cabinets separating them.  The door panels on both sides will be glass. I want the 3-D views to display such that one can see through the cabinets and it will allow natural light to flow between the two rooms.

Sorry if this has already been covered... I didn't find anything through Search.

Thanks!

HD Pro 2020

Creative Home Services, Muskegon, MI

• 1 month later...

Not hard to do, but a little bit time consuming.
Copy/Paste Hold Position is your friend.

You will need to make 3 custom cabinets, OR make one cabinet and then copy/paste/resize each piece for the other 2 cabinets.

Use cabinet partitions or soffits for the sides.  Use cabinet shelves or soffits for bottom, shelving and top (they both allow molding to be added).

When your boxes are assembled, get the appropriate cabinet door (basic arched recessed panel?) from the library.  Size it and place it.  Change the recessed panel to glass.
Get hinges and knobs from the library. Manually place them and resize them.

When you have all 3 cabinets made, you might want to select each piece (per cabinet) and block each unit.  This is usually easier to do in the 3d view.

image.thumb.png.d31aaed94e7ed0487fd0b6e21e5e6f61.png

• Upvote 1