Can't select or delete deck object in 3D view

LucioC

New to HDS: Early on I created a small deck in 2D mode and later decided to delete it in favor of a new deck design. All good except that when I go in 3D mode that deck is still there. I can't select it so I can't delete it. Really getting in the way of my main deck plan. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I included both 2D & 3D view image.

Is it possible I inadvertently locked the object or hid it in 2D view. Still doesn't explain why I can't select it in 3D view and delete it. 

I am able to "delete surface" so this deck object is still there in some form.Deck.thumb.png.d9107354bba0500138ec147c7642d910.png

I'm Using Home Design Suite (HDS) 2021 on MacBook Pro running Catalina OS.

I did try to search the Help, knowledge, the user guide and the reference manual to see if I could find a solution. At this point I'm probably not knowledgeable enough to know what I'm looking for, so please bare with me. If someone can point me to where I can look to help answer my question, I'll be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

This is getting BIZARE. I made the deck smaller and now the 3D view is showing a random beam sticking out of the wall. The 2D view on the right has all floors selected.

There must be a way to view a list objects and delete out what doesn't belong there.

image.thumb.png.4416425b02ba0cd1b5edc6027c7090b9.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 4.23.35 PM.png

Well Eric, 

You made this look easy. Thank You for taking the time to show me. There are a couple concepts I don't understand from this. You deleted Deck Framing. It deleted the unwanted deck and that beam sticking out of the wall. Why not the other two decks? Is that because they are considered Railing Walls (and not deck)?

I'll need to review how "Delete Objects" functionality works and when to use it.

BTW I messed up the deck layout to better expose the problem for you. I'll redraw it back the way I want it.

Thanks Again. VERY VERY helpful.