Flat soffit overhang

jswisley

Hopefully this is an easy question for someone experienced with this. I would like to be able to put a 4ft overhang on a garage but have the soffit flat at the height of the top plate. I have included a picture of what I'm trying to do. I have no problem building this, but I can't get this to 3D the way my customer wants to see it. A picture is attached of what I want to show.

Overhang.JPG

Yes, I am using trusses. I can get the look I'm after by boxing the eaves and making them flush, but if the overhang on the back is not the same they come out at different heights... like in the picture. I want a 2ft overhang on the back and 4ft on the front of the building. In none-technical terms I want to build my walls at 10ft and set an oversized truss on top of it and let the front hang out 3 ft with a regular 12" sloped overhang on the end of it for my gutter boards. The building is 36 foot deep so in the past I have ordered trusses to do this by getting a 40' truss with 12" overhangs on it...which gives me the look I need but I just can't make the program do it. 

Overhang 1.JPG