Creating Default for Startup

LeekyBoatStudio

Hi there!

I love this software. I was wondering if there is a way to create a new default set that you can choose on startup? We have the list with default, American Casual, etc and I am wondering if I set up new defaults on a plan I am building if I can save those setting to be added to that initial list so I can then use those defaults in a new plan without having to set them all up again. I have Home Design Architectural 2021. 

Thank you!

Leek

On 2/25/2021 at 12:28 PM, LeekyBoatStudio said:

to create a new default set

Search my YouTube channel (link in my signature) for template.

Added 4/24/2023

This is in reply to the comment by Rookie65 below.

If you follow the instructions in my video, you will create an actual Template plan that works like any of the ones supplied by Home Designer. 

There is no need to Save As.

• Upvote 1

What you do is create the new template. Then when you start a new plan using that template, hit "save as" first and then rename it. That way your master stays the same and you can change your defaults for the new plan without it changing anything in your master.

• Upvote 1

Depending on what type of work you do, you may want to look at upgrading to Pro before you get too many master created. If you design with complicated roofs, want the ability to change floor framing materials defaults, use arched windows, etc., you'll find it's worth it in the long run with the added flexibility of design.

• Upvote 1