Decorative Truss Visualization In Full Camera Views

Rising_Sun_Homes

I am designing a covered outdoor kitchen attached to a swimming pool.  The design concept is to have open exposed trusses made from large timber beams with joints of each truss held together with steel plates and large bolts.  The trusses would be finished in polyurethane.  There would be no flat ceiling below the trusses so that they will be exposed as an architectural feature.  I have created the trusses with the large lumber size and then moved the walls and ceiling plane to the edge of the plan out of the way.  The trusses look close to my design vision, but they only show up in the orthographic framing overview.  Is there a way to have them show up in the full camera view and be able to assign a material to them that matches the finished look I am going for?  Also is there a way to create the steel plates and bolts at the joints to complete the look?

I am using Home Designer Pro 2019.

Thanks,

Dave

I would try using the "Custom Backsplash Tool" to emulate the trusses, this requires of you some "thinking out of the box' but does work. The steel plates at the joints can be created in Sketch Up and imported (No reason not to make the trusses in Sketch Up and then import as symbols. One would just have to be precise with their measurements so the imported symbols fit with little adjustment.

DJP