dfx file type??

SYC123

After exporting a plan as a dfx from HD Suite 2018, when I look at the file type in the Windows 10 directory it has "pCon.planner Drawing Interchange File".  Is this the usual format? 

I had previously downloaded and installed pCon planner, another drafting software; however, I didn't find it useful and uninstalled it.  My concern is that pCon has somehow altered Windows so that the HD exported dxfs are modified/corrupted.  An architect had trouble using the exported dxf.  What are the listed file type for dxfs for other HD users?

thanks,
Jeff,

18 minutes ago, SYC123 said:

My concern is that pCon has somehow altered Windows so that the HD exported dxfs are modified/corrupted.

I don't think so.

The problem with the architect using the file is probably the way Suite exports it.

I'd suggest creating a PDF and letting them us that to recreate your plan.

If you want to fix the when I look at the file type in the Windows 10 directory it has "pCon.planner Drawing Interchange File". problem, you can follow these instructions.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-unassociate-windows-vista-7-file-type/2/

Thanks Eric,

From what I read from the link you provided I don't need to worry about the file association ( file type), it shouldn't matter for another user.  Unfortunately, Windows continues to challenge users by continually changing the inner workings so the suggestion in the link are out of date (don't work) and Windows doesn't provide a work-around.

thanks again,