Dimensions for Kitchen Cabinets / can't select Wall elevation

mjfields

As seen in the picture below I am trying to get the dimensions to show on my cabinet cad so I can send to the manufacturer for order.  I was told you accomplish this by going into 3D then Orthographic View and finally clicking on Wall Elevation.... as you can see Wall elevation is not an option for me to click on.  Keep in mind I am very new to this program, just going off other videos and advise from Home Designer staff.  Will not let me click on the dimension tool icon either..

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

The video and your information was helpful and I am okay with just being able to view the dimensions in plan view.  However as you can see my plan view is a birds eye view and when I follow the videos instruction it take me out of plan view.  I have the dimensions viewable in plan view from the bird eye perspective so is there a way to change the view from birds eye to a strait on 2D view?

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Thank you guys, I did figure out the dimensions... the problem was I didn't have the room enclosed as I was just doing a rough plan.   The only other thing I would like to add is the cabinet labels as you see them displayed in the plan view in the first picture.   I went to my display settings and the cabinet label box was checked but still no labels on the cabinets. 

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

2 hours ago, mjfields said:

The only other thing I would like to add is the cabinet labels as you see them displayed in the plan view in the first picture.

Most new users do not realize that the "Display Options" accessed while in plan view is only one of eleven different "Display Options" dlaogs. Each Camera Type and plan view each has their own "Display Options" dialog. So while in a wall elevation or Cross Section/Elevation Camera open its Display Options Dialog and check to display "Cabinets, Labels" and then you are there!

DJP