Tilt Out Cabinet Door

Kristine

Hi all.

Just wondering what would be the best way to create a tilt out cabinet door like this?

Image result for tilt out trash cabinet

Obviously it's not difficult to create a bottom hinged door, but what about the internals? Would I have to add something completely manually then adjust the angle each time I want to show the door open or closed?

I am trying to make a potting cabinet with two soil containers like attached.

Thanks so much.

IMG_1359.jpeg

You can make the cabinet front look like your intended cabinet by making the lower space appear to be a tall drawer, then add text saying it is a tilt-hopper. There is NO NEED to have a fully functional cabinet in 3D. Yes, this can easily be done in Chief but at over $3,000.00 you should expect such service. Graphic communication is what any of this software is for, why we use it. Most Builders, Contractors and Sub Contractors are used to 2D drawings, 3D drawings are for Non-Professionals to use to visualize new creations, the people who actually create new structures do not need this ability for them to understand.

DJP

I understand your premise, however not everyone who uses the software does so to create 2D drawings for building purposes. I am an interior decorator and all of my clients are "non-professionals" who engage my services purely to visualise their designs. My shared work is all purely 3D. So, in my case there is a NEED to have a fully functional cabinet in 3D, particularly as this client has requested to see each of her proposed cabinets both opened and closed.

It's not a huge issue and I know there are some work arounds, I just wanted to ask here first. Yes, it would be great to have Chief but at over 3K I simply can't afford it at the moment. 

Thank you. 

Right now, 1 USD = 1.3 AUD -- I see the problem.

And yes, what I show above was done in Chief.

The problem is that Pro imports all symbols drawn in other than Chief as a fixture. You cannot model this in SketchUp, for example and import as a cabinet door.

Your only option is to have someone create the symbol in Chief, but that can get expensive too.

Work hard, increase your prices so you can upgrade :)

If it doesn't have to be hollowed out, could you possibly use an inverted wedge to simulate the door being open? Or look at the differences from Pro 2020 to Pro 2021. I believe there's an option now to show cabinets open or closed. A $200 investment might be easier to swallow than going to Chief.