How to get help.

elleinda-1

I'm using a book by Terry Munson called residential design using chief architect X10 get some additional training. On one monitor I've got a trial CA going and on the other monitor I've got my Home designer pro going and following the instructions with both programs. I've come to a part in the directions in the Chief Architect plan, ( the book supplied the plan so I know that's right) that is different than my HD Pro plan and I'm asking for suggestions. I have followed the forums and have read from both Eric and David the "suggestions" to look for the answers first before asking and I believe I have. 

I have included in my profile the:

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

Also I've followed the "suggestions" from David in his post titled CONFESSIONS OF A LONG TIME TEACHER/TUTOR. I've looked at:

• forums
  • tutorials
  • you-tube
  • Reference manual
  • Knowledge Base
  • Help files(F1)

So after doing my due diligence , my first question is what do I need to include in my post to give an accurate and detailed information to accompany my question? ie screen shots-plan file ect.

Elleinda 

11 minutes ago, elleinda-1 said:

my first question is what do I need to include in my post to give an accurate and detailed information to accompany my question?

Depends on the question.

You can start by correcting your signature. You have Home Designer X-2021, and there is no X-2021 product.

We assume you are using Home Designer, so, for example, Pro 2021 (or Suite 2021 etc) is all that's needed.

As for questions,

All Words = No Good

Pictures and a few well chosen words = Better
Pictures, a few well chosen words, and the plan file = Best

And please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

Thanks for asking.