Can I do this in Home Designer Pro? (1/2 bath under stairway)

jmyers

Attached is a pic of a plan (one of my plans drawn by a draftsman many years ago) and there is a half bath under the stairway in which the toilet and wall behind the wall is grayed out and drawn with dashed lines.  The toilet and wall are both visible in the plan view under the stairway.  Can I do this in Home Designer Pro 2021?  If so, if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all who respond!

Half bath under stairway pic.jpg

Due to layer restrictions in the HD software(no additional layers), you can only control the display via the display options dbx. I handle issues like this by pulling back the stairs to the bath wall. The partial stairs show as in your hand drafted example and the bath room displays as expected. Stair details are displayed in section drawings

It helps us to have a clear question to answer.

How do I ......... ?

The simple answer is yes, you can do all of those things. The problem is your lack of control. You can only make all toilets dashed, for example. For a single toilet, you could use a CAD mask, dashed lines on a white filled background masking the standard HD symbol.

Many items (like stairs) have a Fill that may be set and adjusted, including transparency.