Stairs disappearing

EddieJ

I am having an issue with my stairs.  I have a three-story house, with a basement, first floor and second floor.  I installed the stairs on the first floor leading up to the second floor, made a best fit, and then generated a stairwell above the stairs.

I then created a set of stairs in the basement leading up to the first floor and made a best fit.  At this point everything looked fine.  I then clicked on the icon to generate a stairwell above the basement stairs.  After doing this, looking through a camera view, my stairs leading to the second floor disappeared, and an opening in the first floor floor appeared with a railing around it.  Looking at the first floor floor plan, the stairs still appear to be there, but there is a warning message that I have an off-angle wall.

How can I fix my plan so that opening the staircase above my basement stairs doesn't make my first floor stairs disappear??

Image 1 shows what my first floor looks like before I open the basement staircase, and Image 2 shows what the first floor looks like after I open the basement staircase.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Grab this wall and move it forward a foot or 2. The program has no place to put your stairs -- all it sees is a hole in the floor.

ht1.thumb.png.069b42ad4593ed4a43a96be099f9981d.png

44 minutes ago, EddieJ said:

I have an off-angle wall.

Open the angled wall or walls and get the angle. Add it to the Allowed Angles.

Or click the off angle wall icon and select Ignore.