I must be dumb!

emeryiii

I must just be retarded! I don't understand this program. I am struggling so bad and getting so frustrated with this damn program I am about to put my fist through my monitor! I really want it to work out, but I have spent HOURS just trying to make a damn deck! Part of the problem is it doesn't design things the way I build them, and I can't seem to modify anything without ******* up other stuff. And don't get me started on the terrain crap! Are there any pros out there that can create what I want and walk me through the process step by step? I'm sick of drawing things by hand and really want this to work out. It came highly recommended from many other contractor colleagues of mine, but it does not play nice with me!

I have spent countless hours watching all different help videos from youtube and Home Designer website. I swear I follow videos perfectly, but it does not do what I am telling it to do. Then what do I do for things that there are no videos for? I can't get stuff to work on the videos, so there is no way I can figure stuff out that there are no videos for. I am starting to really hate this program, and I don't want to. I want to like it, I want to use it, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

I have been there...and I understand your frustrations...your construction expertise is causing them...you believe that you know how to build what you are designing and you will force this stupid program to bend to your methods...nope...you will lose every time...BTDT...David J Potter once  posted that, and I paraphrase, "this program has been designed by some very smart people but they know little about real world construction practices and methods". This is golden info...

Here is my advice...slow down...this is a very powerful but very sophisticated tool...it has no reasoning abilities and can't do anything without direction...these directions come from either default settings in the setup of the plan or in directives you place in the various choices given in the dialog box...learn as much as you can from every dialog box that pops up or you open...do not ignore the warning boxes...take the time to understand their content...it will get better...

But with all that said, you will still be saying " now why the heck did it do that????"

Good luck in your journey...don't give up because the program does what it should...when you give it proper direction

Regards

Rick