Changing materials and colors of objects

Greenspace

Can someone please help me with this issue. I am unable to change the material to anything other than a basic color, and if I try it just turns black or pixeled. An example is when I add a shelf to a wall and try to change it to a wood material it turns black or pixeled. Is there a glitch in my program or if is there a button I need to switch off?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Example attached is I am unable to change the flooring, it says it maple plank but its just black, also I have tried to change the color of the bench top to a wood grain and it just turns black.

Matin's Bench light grey color.pdf

Yes, I did check the requirements and they are beyond what is required. I just don't want to have to pay to contact support. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, you have to pay more than what it cost for the program to get support. 

Thank you for your assistance though.

Hi Eric, Thank you very much for trying to help. I'm definitely not able to change the textures and materials like you are in the video. The image below shows what happened when I tried to change the floor. I have used the materials successfully on one project but I cannot do it anymore. This is why I feel like its a glitch somewhere in the program and not my computer. 

Matin's Bench pixel view.pdf

Bench.jpg

What happens when you start a new plan with a single room? 

Make a copy of your plan and delete everything but the 4 walls. Can you change things? If so, add a few random things and try to change. If it works at first, but you have problems as more objects are added, it's almost surely a problem with the computer.

Given adequate resources, the software will work, and the image you show above is a classic video problem.

You can try this.

ht1.thumb.png.ef1ddb9e04224afa9dd96045f653d4b4.png