Roof Question

MokonBond

I'm trying to do a roof in home designer suite but I am having issues. I've attached some screen shots. Basically I want a center portion of a building with hip walls along the front. There should then be two wings which the ridge line of the center portion join to. These two wings should have the gable wall facing the front. In the first attached screen shot you see the basic outline of the building along with an incorrect example. Basically what's wrong there is the wings are hip walls facing the front. The second screenshot shows what happens when I try to change those to gable ends. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly here?

This is for home designer suite 2021 build 22.3.0.55x64

q1.png

q2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that's just about how I'm envisioning it but the center roof  should extend all the way to the front of the building (e.g. there should not be that little flat part. What the key to getting it to build the roof as such? Thanks again for your help.

Thanks you! this make sense. so its essentially adding the knee wall and pushing the hip wall over the breaks that do it it seems. I'll try this in a bit. One question is I put exterior walls in the interior dividing the two wings from the center of the house. Are these walls vital? Or could I use say a room divider as well? I most likely wont do this but just trying to understand better.