Wall connections junctions

ChiefJeet

I am confused why you did what you did with the wall types (one wall type that shows brick in plan view and the other that does not show brick in plan view but DOES show in camera views).

You could use the "Custom Backsplash Tool" found under "Cabinet Tools" to cover up the unwanted brick spillover but if you were to set up your wall types so the "brick layers of each wall type match in depth you then might not then get the unwanted results you currently are getting. Generally speaking, your wall types should follow what exists in the "real world". a brick layer that is a fraction of a inch thick is not very "Real" IMHO.

DJP

Yes David. I can explain why I did what I did. The is a remodelling project or an extension to the house as we say it in UK. The traditional convention for presenting the drawings is to show the new work as hatched. That is why I have left the existing house as blank and the new part is hatched. For 3D presentation, I want to show the house as real so both the existing and the proposed is shown in bricks.

With regards to the layers, the brick wall is the main layer and do not have any cladding. This is shown as 100mm which is near to 102mm width of brick. For the inside, I do not wish to show too many lines and just want to show the structural width of the wall which is 300mm. As I don't want to show bare blockwork inside, I have taken 1mm from the wall thickness and created a 1mm internal layer. The total thickness as 300mm. My brick layer is not 1".

So there still remains the unsightly issue of overlapping walls which messes up our presentation drawings. The splashback is a workaround but we want to determine the cause of it. We don't want to be plastering around the patches if we can help it. 

I wanted to know if I was missing the obvious but I think it may be a bug in the application. I will raise it with CA.

Thanks for your time.

Ok David. New walls are constructed to the current standard and will have different composition to the old walls and will always be different. Even with new build, one can have different composition. Is there a solution to this other than patching up?

as a workaround, you could cover the unwanted brick material using a custom backsplash object but in elevation views, you would also see the edge lines of the custom backsplash. I can think of no "perfect" solution for your problem, sorry. When dealing with a computer program, it has pre=programmed limitations that are hard to get around sometimes. A software program cannot be made to suit everyone anywhere for any and all conditions.

DJP