Roof Lines/Porch Roofs

Jamie_Lane

Home Designer Suite 2021

1.  I am trying to make a wall with a Gable roof line, but when I do it shoots the wall/roof line super high adding another floor. The older version of this software used to let me adjust the rooflines, but this new version is not. (Red Circle is the wall I'm wanting to make the roof line of a Gable) The second picture is what it does when I change the roof to Gable.

2. I am trying to add porches but when I do it will not let me start a new roof line, it just continues from the current roof.  Trying to add a wrap around porch, removes the Gable when I'm trying to make it a Dutch Gable Roof? The other porch I guess I'm just wanting it to be an extended slope downward, but I'm wanting it separate than the garage roof. 

Basically wanting all of my porches to mimic one another, looking like the front porches roof, what I'm calling a extended slope down. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

East View.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

The wall over which you wish to have a gable instead of the hip is to "temporarily" draw that wall from one side of your floor plan to the other. Build roofs again and then turn OFF "Auto Build Roofs" thereafter. Then remove the "temporary" wall you used to bet the gable to build. The "Temporary" wall is for the purpose of communicating your intention to the software.

DJP