Where are the toilets and stuff? Also... materials

4ndrew

Go to solution Solved by Elovia,

Hi everyone - 

Just trying out the demo and practicing modeling our bathroom.

However... I can't seem to find toilets, vanities, showerheads, etc. Where is that stuff?  :)

Also, one of the main reasons we're looking at using this for renovations is to be able to quickly visualize materials; one main thing we're looking for are tiles (floor & wall) and what's included is nice but limited.

Can anyone recommend a good realistic (if not actually from a vendor) resource for a range of tiles? We are primarily interested in slate-like porcelain tiles right now, but will move on to other stuff (possibly) for a kitchen.

thanks!

Andrew

it sounds like you have not loaded the library   Library>Install Core Content

then add the tile and anything else you want from the bonus libraries and Manufacturers libraries etc too

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&search=&x=0&y=0&x=true&soft_family_2=2&hid_soft_family_2=2&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

you can take any picture yours or from internet and import it as a material to apply to tiles , have a look in the knowledgebase for articles on how...

*** the Trial wont save any of your plans , etc  so DO NOT close the program ( or turn off computer) or you will lose all your work...

Thanks Mick!

Will try that tonight.

Note that I do have lots of stuff in the folders - I just couldn't find a toilet, shower, vanity, etc.

As far as adding materials - I know how to do this, I'm just looking for some complete libraries. We've been searching around and doing this (usually vis SketchUp) but having to stop to look for something specific really hampers the process.

Cheers

Andrew

The Library search is not very good. It often brings up a subset of what is available because of the way things are named.

If you find something, you may right click on it, then Show in Browser which takes you to the area of the catalog where other similar things may be found.

• Solution

Hi 4ndrew,

Take a look in the library under the following headings:

Home Designer Core Catalogs -> Architectural -> Fixtures.

Therein should be several sub-folders for bathtubs, showers, sinks, and toilets.  You may create a vanity from a base cabinet, and simply place a sink in it.

Hope this helps. :)

• 1 year later...