I need a urinal, please!

Keith_K

I have searched the library and the help section to no avail.  I need to place urinals on the walls in the men's toilet sections of an office block I am working on.  Any suggestions as to where I could find something?

I am going to be naughty and ask two questions in one topic.  You will see on the file attachment that one toilet is highlighted.  This is because I am trying click on the dimension arrow to move it down slightly but I am unable to click on it no matter how much I zoom.  I can't even delete the dimension and redo it because I get the same result.  Is there something I must set so that I can get my pointer closer?

post-52-0-85575200-1401294921_thumb.jpg

Keith, give this a try. I use it on all my public RR's. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=ee9413ad4188449e2805f095cfc77729

Not sure why you can't select the dims you want. When I have similar issues, and zoom / select doesn't work, I zoom in as close as possible, then select the manual dim tool then put the cursor on the line close to the arrow and select and usually it will open with no problem?!?

• Upvote 1

Thanks "Evolution", that's perfect.  Now all I have to do is work out how to save it to the HD library.  :(  I often have the problem of not being able to click on something without a different object  being selected and usually overcome it by zooming but for some reason it just doesn't work in this instance.  I thought therefore that there might be some setting on the object snaps or something that might make it more precise.

Mr Kbird 1, what language are you speaking?   ;)

Keith, I simply created a folder on my desk top "skp files", down load to that, then when I need to use something from there with the 2D plan open, I open the skp folder, left click on what I want (ex g urinal) hold the key down drag it on to the plan, then it works like a fixture and you can place it as needed. Open its dbx resize it from there or even reverse the image and be sure to set its floor to bottom height.

the queens English :)

to move your toilet to center in the cubicle ,

Just use the "center" tool on the RC (right click) context menu perhaps....

Txt spk mre like it.   :wacko:

Thanks Evolution.  I tried that but my system only allowed me the option of saving it as "All files" and when I tried to open it the file type wasn't recognised.  But its time for bed now and tomorrow is another day.

In the meantime I've moved my dimensions by deleting the toilets, moving the arrow and then inserting the toilets again.

Where there's a will, there's a way.  So they say.

I did a quick search for Urinals and it turned out I have 2 in my library along with some Commerical partitions ,ADA stuff etc , no idea where I snagged it but I thought you both might like the Library so here it is all zipped up.  ........... Extract the zip file and import the .calbiz as normal with the library import function.

Comm.Plumb.Fixtures.calibz.zip

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Mick.  I've saved the zipped file.  Now I'll just have to see if I can find it again.  :unsure:    After 12 years of using the simplicity of Windows XP I am still finding my way around the vagaries of Windows 7 which does some strange things.

Success!  Thank you.

After fiddling around for a while the penny finally dropped that the toilet enclosures in your link can't be sited in the middle of the wall as they were in the attachment to my opening post but have to start in a corner so that the last cubicle can have a second wall.  :blink:

Tada!

post-52-0-25861700-1401473985_thumb.jpg