Terrain contour slope is too steep

DIYEngineer

I have created a terrain perimeter and terrain elevation using GPS import.  I add a flat area for the pad.  However, I am not understanding how to change the slope to be more gradual.  It seems that I cannot select existing contour lines and move them, or I am not doing it correctly.  What are the ways to reduce the slope created?  Thanks in advance

terrain_spec.PNG

contour_settings.PNG

terrain_contour.PNG

Personally, I never use GPS imports because they are harder to control and are often too complex for most home computers to handle. That said, you did what you did and have what you have.

You should remove any remaining elevation objects within the permeameter of your Flat Region (they will cause bizarre-o world results). It is not true that elevation objects cannot be edited and that IS what you must do to lessen the slope between the edge of the flat region and surrounding elevation objects, one at a time, manually. "Automatic" results are more work than they have actual value in this software.

DJP

Thank you for the reply.  When I try to select a contour line (select and double click), it does not select it.  How do I select a contour "spline" (what it created) so I can edit it? I have read through the docs and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I don't do much with terrains, but took a quick look at your plan.

I believe the lines you see are generated based from the elevation points you have placed and cannot be directly edited.

You can, I think, add or adjust points, or add other modifiers like I've done here to influence how the terrain is generated.

I changed the line weight of things and turned on Show Line Weights so they would be visible. Also changed colors.

ht1.thumb.png.167042af67dfd070e826811c59127637.png

Thanks to both of you.  I now understand that I cannot edit the contour lines and will have to add elevation splines manually to get the profile/slope that I want.  It would a great feature if they added a maximum slope to the terrain dialog, since most municipalities do not allow slopes over 3:1 for grading.

If your interested, I have attached the gpx files that I imported.  Import the "perimeter" one as terrain perimeter and then the other as elevation data.  For some reason, contour lines don't show up until you try to look at in 3D.  The reason I used import to try to get the most realist view of the property and what the grading that would be needed.

Thanks again

Upper_Lot_GPS_perimeter.gpx

Upper_Lot_GPS.gpx

terrain_3d.PNG