Porch Stair Interaction with Posts and Railing

Kgoodwin243

I've built a front porch with 6x6 posts to beam above to support the roof structure, spacing 10', for a 30' wide porch, netting 4 posts. When I attempt to build stairs down from the deck, it automatically places full-height posts at the top of the stairs, and throws off the post placements accordingly. I want the stair railing to terminate into a short post at the deck that does not interfere with the full-height porch posts. I've tried manually placing posts, but the railing and stairs don't interact with them. Any ideas?

Front Porch 1.jpg

Front Porch 2.jpg

Ah yes, thanks for that, I fixed that as well.

Now, maybe I should have asked this first... but I'm trying to get the 6x6 posts to continue downward and land on a footing. I don't necessarily need the 3d to model exactly to my specs (first pic), but I do want it to show the 6x6s bearing on footings underneath, at least when I do a front elevation view. I plan to have the 6x6s continuous from the footing to the beam above for the roof trusses, and hang the triple 2x12 deck beam between the posts using a concealed-flange triple joist hanger, then hang the floor joists to the back of it. If there is a way to have it do that, I can't figure it out (maybe it's possible on Chief but not HDPro?) I plan to rent the full Chief version to finalize and generate plans so seeing it done on Chief would still be of great help.

Considering that I will have deck framing details broken out separately on the plans... I would be happy with applying the band-aid of just upping the joist sizes to 11 1/4" (just to show front beam depth on the front perspective view), and just clicking and dragging the 6x6 downward to a concrete footing I place independently underneath, but I can't select and manipulate the individual posts themselves (again, maybe with Chief I can)?

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.14.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 12.22.52 PM.png

15 minutes ago, Kgoodwin243 said:

I plan to have the 6x6s continuous from the footing to the beam above for the roof trusses, and hang the triple 2x12 deck beam between the posts using a concealed-flange triple joist hanger, then hang the floor joists to the back of it.

All done manually. Post generated as part of a railing cannot be manually manipulated.