Rotating an existing shape

flt505

I have Home Designer 9.0

This version does not allo me to create a custom "polygon".

I would like to use the PYRAMID shape but i need it to tilt over 90 degrees.

is there a way to save the existing PYRAMID shape into User Libraries so i can "rotate" it 90 degrees??

What i am trying to do is use this "pyramid shape" as the displayed "light" field coming from a Projector

to see if this light field will clear a fan which is in the path, but the fan "may be" high enough to not cause a shadow

on the projector screen.

The Point of the pyramid would be placed at the projector lens location and the size of the base

would be the size of a 16:9   100" diagonal screen.

did you try 3D Warehouse for a pyramid in the correct orientation  or make one in Sketchup yourself perhaps?

M.

Edit:  actually you can use the wedge and an inverted wedge to make it ------make each one 4 1/2 x16" x 100" long and place them on top of each other at the correct height....

post-25-0-43416900-1421639406_thumb.jpg

Oops ...I hope so that's a pretty old title but I don't know when they started allowing .skp as an import ..... I have Pro 10 and it is under File>Import>3D Symbol

do you have that option ? and if so what are the choices?  you may need to export from Sketchup as a 3D model eg .3ds or .obj  rather than as ,skp

M.