Auto Dimensions

ljkonkol

Hello, I am new to this group and have the most recent version of Home Designer Pro 2021.  I used Chief Arc Pro 2008 and became proficient at using the software.  But Designer Pro is giving me some grief with Dimensions. I understand the defaults will determine how I want dimensions to work, but I can't seem to determine how to tell the program not to measure the exterior siding and sheetrock instead of the framing.  I simply want the framing dimensioned.  Any suggestions?

Thank you 

Solver,I apologize I wasn't more specific.  The exterior dimension is the first area I am having issues with.   Currently the exterior dimensions automatically include the sheeting and siding.  I just want the framing. This of course is for the purpose of doing the rough-in framing.  I have looked at the dimension   defaults repeatedly but am at a lose. I now see the interior dimensions are deducting for sheetrock on each wall.  The first image below is of the exterior wall and showing the deminsion lines on the out side of the wall not the framing.  The second image shows an interior dimension at the sheetrock surface not the framing surface.

Thanks if you have any ideas.

Home Designer Pro 2021 

IMG-0857 (002).jpg

IMG-0858 (002).jpg