Insane terrain

Vikki_WA

Go to solution Solved by Vikki_WA,

A garden bed does not effect terrain modulation, only terrain splines, lines, regions and other such objects. A garden bed merely follows existing terrain but if you are getting unwanted terrain modulation look for unwanted terrain objects that effect modulation. It is probably only apparent that the bed is the unwanted cause.

DJP

The only change made between the OK view and the screwed up view is the addition of the polyline garden bed. The freak ridges show up immediately when the bed is drawn. I tried locking the terrain contours in the display settings, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

25mb per file is the max , 50mb total for each user , so easiest way is to make a copy of your plan and delete stuff from the plan like furniture/cabinets/lighting/fixtures etc since we are going to look at the terrain.

zipping the plan might help compress it some too ? perhaps try that 1st

Or Dropbox or OneDrive or similar service will work too.

M.

I changed the bed thickness to 4" after seeing some terrain "trees" grow at the line of the back of the house after moving the bed out away from the house and the "crazies" went away....cant explain it , moved the bed back , set bed back to 1" thick and the crazies didn't reappear

try it again after doing what I did and let me know what happens as I am not sure what you were trying to do originally , I saw nothing wrong in terrain when I 1st opened the plan, the weirdness didn't happen till I moved the bed then 3 "spikes" of grass appeared each side of the house , after doing the "fix" above I had a play with your side walk and resized the bed etc and all remained as it should....

M.

post-25-0-29640100-1422069586_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-26096000-1422069596_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

IF I knew why it worked Vikki , i'd tell ya no problem :)    you mentioned it only occurred when the bed was placed so after moving it and see the issue ,I opened the beds DBX to see if any thing weird was spec'd ...no ...1" thick bed seemed incorrect so I changed it to 4" ,which fixed the terrain issue to my surprise, I  then tried 10"  (like a real flowerbed) , still good , so I put it back how it was originally , then played with the sidewalks and all seemed well.

tried it twice to be sure and it worked again ....so figured you should try it incase you were seeing something I wasn't.

David or one of the others may have a bit more insight as to the "why" .....

glad that got it and it was so simple.....

Mick.