Creating a flat image (Plan)

Tripyrenees

Hi

I am trying to create an image using the BUILD - Create Image tool.  I have created an EV Parking place PNG image and want it show as a flat image like the parking lot terrain feature.  But when creating the image using the Build - Create Image tool, it stands it up as a vertical image (like a tree or similar).  

Is there a way of creating a "plan" image that would then show up in the 3D camera views.

Thanks 

Ian

ev parking place.png

I have imported as a material and can select this as an option but it is not showing when I choose this for say a parking lot or similar.

The imported image shows in the 2D plan but when switched to camera view the material or the plain image does not show up where the parking lot is.

I understand I should use the image as a material and apply that to the object but I must be missing a click button or have completely misunderstood.

Thanks for the help (just upgraded from Architect to Pro so still getting to grips with it)

Plot Elevations with access.plan

On 1/9/2021 at 7:44 AM, solver said:

Use the imported image in plan, and apply the material to a flat object for your 3D view

This is the only way that I know of to do what you want.

The more conventional way of doing this is using CAD to draw in plan, and a material in 3D.