Small Keyboard Nudge

somefun

Using the keyboard, is there a way to nudge an object at it's smallest increment without using a mouse? In many programs this can be done by holding down "Ctrl" while using the arrow keys. I'm looking for a tiny nudge, not the standard keyboard arrow nudge. Thanks!

Eric, I don't know if I currently have an example. I find myself using "Ctrl" + Mouse all of the time though, to more precisely move things like arrows or text boxes; sometimes siding rendering that doesn't line up correctly in "Vector View" on a camera view, among other things.

Keith, I think your solution will be helpful in some of the situations. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, somefun said:

using "Ctrl" + Mouse all of the time though, to more precisely move things

Using Ctrl removes precision, and simply gives you freedom of movement.

There are multiple ways to move things precisely and it often depends on which view type you are working in, and what you are wanting to position.

I use Point-to-Point all the time, and frequently draw CAD lines to use in positioning objects.

• 2 years later...

I am frequently wishing for more more nudging options such as pressing "control-arrow" to get smaller nudging. It would be great if there were two levels of nudge like standard and micro.  I would use 1" and 1/16" or 1/2" and 1/32" etc... This would help with more quickly drafting ideas. More intuitive snap-to-object options would be great also. I suspect those us wishing for these got used to them in other programs as a work method, and those used to CA have adapted better methods to get exact alignment and placement. 

Not sure what you are trying to achieve but to locate objects:

use manual dimensions.

Add a manual point to point dim for the object you want to locate.

then click object and the manual dim should go GREY - click the number and change it to what you want the new dim to be and then click return

object moves to satisfy the new dimension you typed in.

Or the temp dimensions work the same way if they come up how you need them.

if you want something 3" from wall, click on object near wall and normally a dim will come up click on the one that locates object as you want and change the number.

hit return and it moves...