Roof Issues

stonewall7

You WILL NOT be able to build this room merely by settings in walls-roof tabs. This will have to be manually laid out using the proper roof pitches (your currently do not match your drawings) and then manually located in plan view and vertically. Manual roof editing is a process developed by a balance of study followed by trial and error practice to develop the hand-eye coordination necessary to get this done. I did it and countless others have too.

DJP

17 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

You WILL NOT be able to build this room merely by settings in walls-roof tabs. This will have to be manually laid out using the proper roof pitches (your currently do not match your drawings) and then manually located in plan view and vertically. Manual roof editing is a process developed by a balance of study followed by trial and error practice to develop the hand-eye coordination necessary to get this done. I did it and countless others have too.

DJP

I’ve experimented a lot with breaking the roof planes and joining the edges but it always turns out a little wonky. I was hoping there was a better/simpler fix than what I was doing. I did not think to try and work with it vertically, but I will need to learn how in case I start messing with ceiling planes. Thanks for the insight!

This was done using only auto rebuild roof.

Reset  the the center room (family room) to the default finished ceiling height.

Build a 2nd floor (use blank plan), drawing new walls over the family room (floor reference turned on).   Set the room type of the new room to "open below".  

Set the finished ceiling height  to about 60", and uncheck "flat ceiling over this room".

image.thumb.png.b8cf4a7fedc1d68ddde6c9621fb5323a.png   image.thumb.png.d98b72b8544ced6055b9e3e14ec8a8e2.png

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

This was done using only auto rebuild roof.

Reset  the the center room (family room) to the default finished ceiling height.

Build a 2nd floor (use blank plan), drawing new walls over the family room (floor reference turned on).   Set the room type of the new room to "open below".  

Set the finished ceiling height  to about 60", and uncheck "flat ceiling over this room".

image.thumb.png.b8cf4a7fedc1d68ddde6c9621fb5323a.png   image.thumb.png.d98b72b8544ced6055b9e3e14ec8a8e2.png

Perfect! This is exactly what I was going for, thank you so much! How do I get the roof over the deck that you have on the left side? Posting a screenshot of the one I am trying to emulate. It looks like a gull roof style but when I watched some videos and tried to adjust the pitches it did not work for me. Right now I have them gabled (picture attached), but I would like them to be the gull/shed style instead.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 9.52.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 9.53.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.00.56 AM.png