Interior view issue with gable roof

A145263

I'm having an issue with a gable wall in my kitchen and living room area. When I make the roof a gable, then the wall doesn't follow. I'm not sure how best to explain the issue so I attached some pictures. Any help would be appreciated! I've wasted a few hours looking through the help guide on gables and cannot figure it out.

post-1598-0-53274800-1421540197_thumb.png

post-1598-0-82763100-1421540198_thumb.png

just attach the .plan file same as you did the screenshots , there is no other way to see what you have done and what settings you are using that maybe causing issues......

if it is over 25mb you will need to zip it of do a "save as" and delete stuff out of the forum plan until it is under 25mb in size which is the forum's maximum for a single file.

as a general rule I don't use floor camera unless there is a specific reason , ie to locate an issue , other I use Full.

M.

the symbol next to your cursor tells you there are broken walls fix them 1st and see if the roof looks better....  look for a circle over the breaks on the main floor and basement.

dinner time...

edit  the walls of your porch ....left hand side /corner are not aligned and the corner is broken due to that.....

M.

If you have unchecked Ceiling Over This Room, then what you are looking at is the underside of the roof.

If Suite has Ceiling Planes, you can use them to draw in the ceiling you want. Or change the roof so that it produces the ceiling you are after.

Only Pro and Chief have ceiling planes I think  ?

what i'm seeing.......big and small

Level 0  Back corner LH side is broken wall

Level 0  Front corner RH side is broken wall

Level 0  RH side wall is not aligned to level 1 wall--align

Level 0  none of the slab room foundation walls are aligned with above (3) walls align LH wall manually , the "tool" wouldn't do it for some reason

Level 0  back rh side back wall is dawn incorrectly ? it has 1 1/2 step in it

level 1   Hand rail is broken at RH corn turn 

some of you dimensions on level 0 are measured to centre of the wall which is unusual ...is it correct?  ie 10" and 12'4"

fireplace mantel floating in space 12" off wall ,explode block and move  as needed

hallway to left of fireplace floor is 2-3' lower than living room floor , not sure if that's for the MIL or a BooBoo :)

that should keep you busy , post the new plan back when that lot is fixed up.....

M.

I was able to fix most of the things you listed. It seems like trying to get the basement walls which are concrete to align with the upper floor is almost impossible. It doesn't help that I'm copying architectural drawings my former contractor made and they aren't exactly perfect.

I couldn't see what the issue was with the handrail.

Fixed the fireplace mantel. I had seen he "explode" option but never clicked it. Thanks!

Fixed the hallway. It was showing as part of the stairwell so I separated that as a room to itself.

However, the ceiling in the living/dining room are still wrong. I'm about to say forget it and just know that I wont be able to see a full camera view that's correct... Frustrating. I appreciate the help.

2nd Adjusted plan 3.zip

have not checked the new plan ,but with Suite everything has to be perfect as you only have auto build Roofs and cant correct weird issues manually as we can in Pro , so it may take some dedicated hunting to find issues. Next time I would build the structure and get it right before "decorating" etc.

If you can't get a Room definition , ie can select it individually you wont get a Roof above it ,which is why wall connection are important and if you see that symbol next to your mouse cursor you really need to deal with it.

Yes the basement has some issues ...maybe start there and work up..... 

some of the measurements seem a bit strange  eg 62'1"  I saw but I don't know if that is you or you Former Contractor ? ( I hate to hear that as a GC,,,not good)

M.

By the way, I want to say THANKS for posting your plan. I have a somewhat similar situation where I have a room that is 2 stories high with windows on top, It comes out to a point like yours with a gable roof. I could not for the life of me figure out how to create the upper wall with the windows in it. Everything I tried pushed the roof up which is what I didn't want. 

Our plans are a little different as your plan is one story with the upper portion on the attic level, and mine is a 2-story with the upper part on the 2nd level. But I was able to figure it out thanks to your plan.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! 

post-1607-0-07454400-1422126949_thumb.jpg