Newbie Issues

ssusa2010

Just downloaded the Home Design  Suite and interiors and cannot get started. I get meesage that the license is activated by another computer and when I go as instructed to "de-activate" it it says I have no other lincenses. How do I start up the program? Anyone help? Thanks,

Yes I agree with Eric delete the program and download again. In Australia when we have problems with downloads we find very early in the morning works best as there are not as many people using the internet. I have full 4g with Telstra  now so that does not happen anymore. If your service provider does not give you a dedicated line your service often stops half way through a download. Support have a skype telephone number. If you have Skype downloaded it is free. It is Sunday morning here now so they will not be available until Tuesday here . But if you are in the USA it is Saturday afternoon and they may be available. Good luck lets us know how you go.

Phone Support
Technical Support:
208-292-3375
Sales / Customer Service:
208-292-3400
Fax:
208-292-3420

Thanks for all the advice above... I finally got through to tech support and they just sent me another link to do the download again. I only installed it on one computer so therewasn't another lincense or previuos download. They don't know exactly what it was but I will keep you all posted after I download it and try it again.  This was actually a blessing because they gave me the wrong version the first time. I bought Home Design Suite and they gave me a link to Home Design Interiors. Thanks again and it is very nice to know there are nice people out there to help...Keep you apprised to what happens next....thanks again

• 2 months later...

I just upgraded my Home Designer license to 2016 on a employees computer that runs Windows 8.

The program downloaded to the download folder.  I would have expected a windows window asking me to run a .exe file to load the software.  That did not happen.   The only thing I find online is to download from the prior  version (I did not do that, I downloaded straight from the CA webpage).    Windows 8 keeps asking what application I want to use to open the file.

I hate Windows 8 and frankly cannot find anything when trying to use  it.  Anybody know how I can complete my upgrade?