Creating 3D Views

Justforfun1

After receiving blueprints for a home my wife and I wish to build, we wanted to play around and test different colors and designs. The architect sent a dwg file to us, which we uploaded to home designer pro 2021, but I am not sure how to separate the floor levels from this and create the 3D views. Currently the ranch style home has the main level and basement merged. Does the designer need to send me a metafile or a .plan file? I am unsure what software he uses other than he states it is thousands of dollars. 
thanks!

Ask your Architect to send you single views of each floor separately which can, one at a time be imported into HD Pro per floor to then trace over with Pro's 3D tools to then start creating a fully 3D model.

The thing about AutoCAD is that it is and always has been a 2D only drawing program, so its exports are strictly 2D and must be used merely as a guide to create a fully 3D relationally correct rendition of your intended home. What he sent you was all floors showing in the same drawing, designed to be properly sorted out only in AutoCAD using its organization of layer names which does NOT translate easily into Pro OR Chief Architect Premier, I am sorry to tell you. He shared what can easily be viewed by another AutoCAD user and not easily sorted out in any 3D software.

DJP