Home Design Professional 2021 Pro

Thundercat

A drawing that I have was developed (several years ago) using X6 Premier. On Friday I posted on ChiefTalk Forum if someone could update my X6 drawing to X12, which was done and sent back to me. I purchased and installed Home Designer Professional 2021 yesterday. Although the drawing opens up I cannot make changes.

I have spent about 6 hours on the internet. I have checked the locks for the various layers there are a few locks on for the roof.

The following "allow for editing" was also checked by the person who sent me the X12 update drawing.  Any thoughts and or recommendations? 

Thanks very much

Bruce

To allow editing in Home Designer

If a Chief Architect user wants to be able to send a Home Designer user a file, first check to make sure that the versions that both users have are compatible. If the versions are compatible, then, the Chief Architect user needs to allow for editing in the Home Designer programs before sending the file.

1. Click Edit> Default Settings mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd2haqc5836ials.cloudfront.net%2Flive%2Fca_btn%2Fdefdlg.png%3F1578606448&t=1607892919&ymreqid=1c9a98e1-20b5-f8e9-2f87-25000b011b00&sig=9bD.tbbEKQwoNn34W6yNJQ--~D, and in the Default Settings dialog, click on Plan, then click the Edit button.

2. In the General Plan Defaults dialog that displays, check the Allow Editing in Select Home Designer Products box.

Check Allow Editing in Select Home Designer Products located in the General Plan Defaults dialog

3. Click OK to accept the change then Done to close the Default Settings dialog.
  • Chief Architect X12 <=> Home Designer 2021
  • Chief Architect X11 <=> Home Designer 2020
  • Chief Architect X10 <=> Home Designer 2019
  • Chief Architect X9 <=> Home Designer 2018
  • Chief Architect X8 <=> Home Designer 2017
  • Chief Architect X7 <=> Home Designer 2016
  • Chief Architect X6 <=> Home Designer 2015

28 minutes ago, Thundercat said:

The following "allow for editing" was also checked by the person who sent me the X12 update drawing.  Any thoughts and or recommendations? 

How do you know it was checked? I've never seen this not work.

Could you attach the plan file and I'll take a look.

22 hours ago, solver said:

How do you know it was checked? I've never seen this not work.

Could you attach the plan file and I'll take a look.

I opened the plan and checked it for him as a courtesy.  I'm not sure why it's not working either and suggested he contact Tech Support.  Here's the plan for whatever it's worth...

HD Edit.plan

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I opened the plan and checked it for him as a courtesy.  I'm not sure why it's not working either and suggested he contact Tech Support.  Here's the plan for whatever it's worth...

HD Edit.plan

I opened the plan you attached in Pro 2021 and was able to make all sorts of changes.